Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5

Thema: English Speaking fans

Moderator Avatar von adlerfan68789
    Bedanken
    512 Danksagung in 157 Beiträgen

English Speaking fans

Are there any English Speaking fans (besides myself) left out here?

There have been no replies in the majority of the game threads this season and the few responses have only been from a couple of people.

The couple of game threads I missed this season have gone unnoticed.

Is the English forum at it's end or just going through a hard time?

Thank You for your input

Larry

Registrierter Benutzer
    Bedanken
    1.881 Danksagung in 455 Beiträgen
    I just had a look at the English part of the board again and I'm amazed that you keep managing this even though replies are seldom found in here. Kudos to your efforts! I think it's a pity that we don't attract more English speaking people - they could add a whole lot of new input, especially if they were familiar with visiting NHL games most of the time. Unfortunately, this lack of native speakers is somehow taking away the "substance" of this section, if you want to put it that way. It's unlikely that the German natives will regularly post on both parts of the boards, as it would just be a "copy, translate and paste" process. I think without a way to build a (natively) English speaking fan base the participation in this part of the board will remain quite low.
    Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything.
    - Napoleon Hill

Hast du Weißherbst in der Blutbahn, wirst du sexy wie ein Truthahn.
    - Udo Scholz

3. Folgende User bedanken sich bei Don Alfredo für diesen Beitrag:

adlerfan68789 (17-03-15)

Bedanken
    I agree with you. I think we will have to reevaluate at the start of next season if we continue to get no participation.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Bedanken
    1.881 Danksagung in 455 Beiträgen
    Unfortunately I don't know any English-speaking fans myself who are not users. One or two times a guy claiming to be the cousin of Jon Rheault stood near me, but I haven't seen him since, otherwise I would've pointed the board out to him - it would definitely be interesting to get his input.

Hm, and if we mix the English part up with the German one? If you for example post your own thoughts to a game in the German topic those of us who speak English are more aware of the post which might lead to more participation in English than currently in this separate subsection. That way I think you would get more responses.
    Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything.
    - Napoleon Hill

Hast du Weißherbst in der Blutbahn, wirst du sexy wie ein Truthahn.
    - Udo Scholz

Bedanken
    I can do that I read German I just do not write it well. I tried to write it a few times and got insulted a lot so I game up. Paige and Jens have said I can write in English if I want because most people understand it.

The whole point of the English section was to get the people who could not read or understand German to participate. We had a few at the start but with the Army moving most have left the area or do not attend Adler games very often any more.

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer