Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5

Thema: Press October 2011 - Articles for October please include the source

Moderator Avatar von adlerfan68789
    Bedanken
    512 Danksagung in 157 Beiträgen

Press October 2011 - Articles for October please include the source

Alder Recapture the Point with Win Against Munich

The Adler Mannheim are once again in first place after a 4:3 win against Munich on Saturday night (3:1, 0:0, 1:2). The referees in the game were anything but consistent, once again highlighting the DEL’s problem with its officiating. A problem they have had for years but officially refuse to recognize. Despite the lousy officiating the Adler still managed to come out on top.

Adler trainer Harold Kreis surprised the 8,150 in attendance when he announced that despite his earlier decision to have Fred Brathwaite between the pipes against Munich, he had changed his mind and Felix Bruckmann would once again be in goal.

The Adler came out strong at the start of the first scoring early with a couple of power-play goals. Ken Magowan struck first (3 minute, man-advantage) and Jaime Sifers followed up less than three minutes later (6 minute, man-advantage). Yannic Lehoux gave Mannheim a 3:0 lead as he intercepted a pass from Munich’s Felix Petermann, avoided a sliding David Cespiva and put the puck behind goalie Sebastian Elwing (10 minute). Felix Petermann bought Munich within two with a power-play goal of his own (15 minute, man-advantage). The score remained 3:1 at the first break.

Munich was a different team in the second playing harder and closer on the man than in the first but was unable to provide much heat in-front of the Adler net. The game went back and forth with neither team scoring in the second and leaving the score unchanged at the second break.

Early in the third period referee Richard Schutz (after conversing with his linesmen) gave Mannheim’s Marcus Kink a five minute major for cross-check and sent him to the showers. During the five minute power-play Munich managed to score twice. Johan Ejdeplim (45 minute, man-advantage) and Martin Buchwieser (47 minute, man advantage) provided the gaols for Munich. With the game tied at three and the Adler back at full strength it was back to business for Mannheim. They pulled together as a team and outshot Munich 16 to 6 in the period. There would be no more power-play chances for Munich but their special teams would still get a work out in the remainder of the game as they took three more trips to the box, one of the trips created a two man-advantage for the Adler. Chris Lee was not going to let this chance pass and gave the Adler the lead back with what turned out to be the game winner (51 minute, 2 man-advantage). There weres a couple of counters from both teams in the remaining minutes of the game. Munich pulled Elwig in the 59 minute but were unable to score with the extra attacker and the game ended 4:3. It was announced after the game that this game was Yannic Seidenberg’s 500 DEL game and he lead the fans in a humba to celebrate the win and his achievement.

Mannheim is back in first place with 15 points. Hamburg is in second with 12 point but once again have a game in hand. Ingolstadt has moved into third and is point equal with Hamburg. Munich has fallen to fourth with 11 points. Mannheim will be on the road on Monday playing in Krefeld against the Pinguine.

Penalty Minutes:
    Mannheim: 31 minutes (Kink 5+20) Munich: 14
    Power-Play Goals: Mannheim: 3 Munich: 3
    Shots on Goal: Mannheim: 32 Munich: 22
    Saves:
    Felix Bruckmann (Mannheim): 19
    Sebastian Elwing (Munich): 28
    DEL Stars:
    Yanick Lehoux (Mannheim)
    Jaime Sifers (Mannheim)
    Martin Buchwieser (Munich)

Larry Taylor – A4 News

quelle: http://www.adleralliance.com/index.p...id=3:newsflash

Bedanken
    Sobering trip sees Sabres visit wounded veterans

By Shawn P. Roarke - NHL.com Senior Managing Editor

LANDSTUHL, Germany -- There can be no fear of pain for a professional hockey player. It is a product of their profession.

Despite an almost unhealthy comfort with the concept, nothing could prepare the Buffalo Sabres for what they encountered during a team visit to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, the United States Army's major trauma hospital in Europe.

Wounded warriors from wars in Iran and Afghanistan -- as well as military bases throughout Europe -- come through Landstuhl before they are sent to the United States for further treatment.

During their visit, players broke into three groups and visited various patients throughout the hospital, signing autographs, posing for pictures and listening to stories the various soldiers had to tell.

"It was a huge eye-opener," defenseman Mike Weber told NHL.com. "These are the men and women that make it possible to do what we do. I'm extremely excited to meet these people and hear their stories."

"It was a huge eye-opener. These are the men and women that make it possible to do what we do. I'm extremely excited to meet these people and hear their stories." -- Mike Weber And some of the stories were unbelievably poignant.

Weber, one of five Americans on the team, relayed one story in which a soldier arrived at Landstuhl after severely injuring his hand in a firefight in Afghanistan when the 400-pound door of a vehicle in his convey closed on it and broke several bones in the hand.

The soldier, who worked with Special Forces units throughout Afghanistan to help protect villages from the Taliban, was helping people out of a vehicle that had struck an improvised explosive device (IED) as the convey returned to base from a 36-hour mission.

As the soldier told the story, Weber, Christian Ehrhoff and Tomas Vanek listened raptly, occasionally asking a question to draw out another part of the tale.

"Sometimes the best thing we can do is listen to their stories, shake hands and thank them for what they do for us," Weber said.

Weber said he comes from a military family, noting his grandfather and great-grandfather were warriors and that he has a brother in the Air Force Reserve. For him, the examples of heroism, as well as the physical toll it exacted, was sobering.

"You don't think about these things or see that on your local news channel," he said. "To be able to hear these stories is truly special and heartfelt and emotional."

The stories continued throughout the afternoon, but the players never stopped visiting, shaking hands and offering encouragement to the soldiers recovering from their wounds.

Tyler Myers and Jochen Hecht were among a group of players that visited Army Sgt. Matthew Goodrich from Hartford, Vt. -- which he called "Bruins country."

The players, though, did not hold Goodrich's allegiances against him, talking to him as he propped his broken ankle on his bed.

Goodrich smiled as he received signed hats and pucks from each of the players.

"Thanks for stopping by; it means a lot," Goodrich said as the players moved on to the next room.

In a sea of bated breath and misty eyes, there were some light moments shared between the players, the patients and the care providers.

Sgt. Paul Zuendel, from Broome County, N.Y., served as a guide for one of the three groups. During one of the first stops, Zuendel made an innocent observation.

"I guess hockey players aren't the physical monsters I thought they were," he said, laughing.

"What do you mean," Vanek asked, flexing his muscles a bit as he laughed. "It's just the huge jerseys (that make us look smaller)."

In the physical therapy room, the players talked to a soldier as he went through work on his shoulder. Asked what happened, the soldier replied that he had surgery recently.

"Surgery? I've had a couple of those myself," Weber said, drawing laughs from his teammates.

The two-hour tour ended with a visit to the USO Warrior Center, a recreational house where wounded soldiers can socialize, watch TV or read.

On this day it was full of soldiers -- and their families -- hunting down autographs or a moment of interaction with their favorite players.

Marine Cpl. Andrew Cobb, who works with the Marine Liaison Office at LRMC, already had a stack of signed pictures as he took a photo with two Sabres in which he might have had the biggest smile in a room full of them.

"I grew up in Jamestown (N.Y.), and in our area, everyone is a huge Sabres fan," Cobb told NHL.com. "I went to school in Pittsburgh and the Penguins are our enemy. That was just miserable, absolutely miserable. I have been a Sabres fan from the beginning, from the foot-in-the-crease against the Stars (in the 1999 Stanley Cup Final) to everything since then.

"It's pretty exciting -- especially when it is your hometown hockey team. It's like a little taste of home for us and that is awesome."

quelle: NHL.com

3. Folgende User bedanken sich bei adlerfan68789 für diesen Beitrag:

Bedanken

Rangers put Avery on waivers

I found this interesting

Tortorella didn't see fit for Avery with RangersTuesday

By Dan Rosen - NHL.com Senior Writer

STOCKHOLM -- While admitting that Sean Avery had a good training camp, Rangers coach John Tortorella also felt 13 forwards were better.

The Rangers placed Avery on waivers at noon ET on Tuesday.

Avery, who is in the final season of a four-year contract, will remain on waivers for 24 hours, during which time another team can claim him. If he is not claimed, the Rangers can assign Avery to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Connecticut Whale, and his $1,937,500 salary will come off of their salary cap.

Avery's agent, Pat Morris, told ESPN.com that playing in Europe this season is an option if the 31-year-old left wing clears waivers.

"I think we have better players than Sean Avery, plain and simple," Tortorella said. "I can dodge it 10 different ways without trying to run Sean over -- I thought he had a good camp, but I think the makeup of our team and some of the people we've added and some of the youth we've added as far as depth put Sean in this spot. I wish him good luck in everything, but we've gone by that. I think we're a better club. The players that are here are better than Sean Avery. They're more versatile in a lot of different areas."

Tortorella had said Saturday that he wanted only one extra forward on the roster, and that it was a battle between Avery and Erik Christensen.

Christensen won it because Tortorella said he feels he can use Christensen in more situations than Avery, and his ability to score in the shootout can be vital to the Rangers' success.

The Rangers got into the playoffs last season largely because it went 9-3 in the shootout. Christensen scored on five of his eight attempts.

"Sean is a player we have used as a banger and forechecker. We don't use him killing penalties or on the power play," Tortorella said, adding Mike Rupp will assume a lot of those physical responsibilities. "The consequence with Erik, I can use him in a number of different spots. That's the way it worked out."

Tortorella refused describe the conversation he had with Avery on Tuesday.

"I'm trying to do this the right way because I don't want to keep on shoveling dirt over Sean Avery, but we have better players than Sean Avery right now on the hockey club," he said.

The Rangers claimed Avery from Dallas on re-entry waivers March 3, 2009. He had been signed by the Stars to a four-year, $15.5 million contract on July 2, 2008, but was suspended and ordered to enroll in anger management classes by the NHL after lewd public remarks about an ex-girlfriend.

He had 24 points in 76 games last season and had 42 goals and 78 assists in 249 games over two stints as a Ranger, including 86 games prior to going to Dallas and 163 after coming back.

"Sean had a good camp, but we had to make a decision," Tortorella said. "I just think our team has grown. I give Sean a lot of credit. When he was brought in here, I wasn't here, but I know he was a catalyst in helping that team get to the playoffs, but I think our team has grown and you have to keep moving, not staying still."

Quelle: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=594314

Bedanken
    Adler Lose at Home to the Buffalo Sabres 3:8

Mannheim loses 3:8 to Buffalo (0:3, 2:3, 1:2)

It was a super event for the fans in the sold out SAP Arena on Tuesday night. Not only was it a chance to see the home town team take on a team from the NHL, it was also the night that Mannheim would retire the #20 Jersey of Adler legend Rene Corbet. Along with that it was also the return home for Jochen Hecht who played many years for the Adler Mannheim and has also logged many years with his current team the Buffalo Sabres. Unfortunately Hecht was unable to play in the game due to a concussion suffered in an earlier practice this year. It seemed everywhere you looked you either saw a jersey with the numbers 20 (Corbet) or 55 (Hecht).

Hecht while unable to play wanted to at least make an appearance for the fans so he came out for warm ups and even had the C on his breast. He was the first Sabre to hit the ice and the last to leave it and was cheered on by the crowd. Before leaving the ice he gathered up pucks and tossed them over the glass to the fans as they chanted “Jochen Hecht is one of us”. The Arena went totally nuts as Corbet hit the ice for warm ups as the fans sang “RENE CORBET” which was a song that was repeated multiple times throughout the evening.

Even though he has not really practiced with the team or had any ice time this year Rene Corbet played for the Adler during the first period. It was his last period as a professional hockey player and the Adler wanted his last period to be in blue, white, red. The Adler started the period well and had a couple good shots on goal but were unable to score, including on a power play early in the period. It did not take long for Buffalo to adapt to the larger European ice surface and to find their game. Mannheim had played a game on Monday night and the game against Buffalo on Tuesday was their fourth in six days. Jet lag which could have been the “great equalizer” was nowhere to be seen as the Sabres demonstrated why they play in the best league in the world. Buffalo scored three times n the first, twice from Ennis and once from Adam. The score at the break had Buffalo up by three.

the rest of the story here: http://www.adleralliance.com/index.p...id=3:newsflash

6. Folgende User bedanken sich bei adlerfan68789 für diesen Beitrag:

Bedanken
    Reinprecht part of four player trade

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=597056

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer