Seite 3 von 3 ErsteErste 123
Ergebnis 31 bis 36 von 36

Thema: Referee discussion

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von WilliamWatson
    Bedanken
    50 Danksagung in 26 Beiträgen
    Zitat Zitat von adlerfan68789 Beitrag anzeigen

As for the comment …….”So fans, put up your signs and yell. It doesn't bother me, because I know you have little or no clue what you are talking about“....... sounds like the arrogance that Robert was talking about earlier.

A lot of fans do know what they are talking about. I do not criticise all of the refs or all of the calls (actually I do not have a problem with most) under that same token I do not see how you can defend all of the refs. Some have no bussiness being at the professional level.

As I already said it is very rare for a ref to really cost a team a game but it does and has happened. So once again your comment .......... „Poor teams point fingers and great teams go out and put themselves in positiong to win, no matter what happens on the ice“...... does not complety ring true even if it sounds good.
    That is not arrogance, it is the truth. I do not care what fans yell or say to me, because most of the time, they do not know what they are talking about. Like I said earlier, I am not there for the fans, I am there for the players.
    I have never defended all referees. I said they make mistakes. And I have already agrred that the DEL needs professionals.
    Referees have cost games, but so has the play of players and decisions of coaches, more so than referees.
    I may not agree with everything you say, but what you say I do not conntribute to any arrogance you may or may not have.

William Watson
    "HOCKEY- If it did not have rules, we would call it WAR!"

2. Die folgenden 2 User haben sich bei WilliamWatson für diesen Beitrag bedankt:

adlerfan68789 (30-12-11)

Moderator Avatar von adlerfan68789
    Bedanken
    512 Danksagung in 157 Beiträgen
    adding the words "most of the time" changes the whole thing and does not make it sound arrogant. Thank you

I agee you did say those things, maybe I just read it wrong as it seemed to me you were defending. I apologize for that.

I think over all we pretty much agree on most of the points anyway.

Bedanken
    I thought it was understood when I said "little or no clue" that the little would mean most of the time. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

William Watson

Bedanken
    First playoff Final game.......
    Absolutely, without a doubt, the worst officiated game I have ever seen at any level. I admit the Adler did not play a full 60 minute game, but the referees for this were atrocious. If I talk about referees there is a reason. I have seen games that other people complain, but I took the side of the referee because it was deserved. People have blamed the referee for an Adler loss when I blamed the team. If these referees do more in the finals, they have family or friends doing the assignments. I am a fan of the sport of hockey and I mean in every aspect of the game. When I go to a game, including the Adler, I want to see a good game from all three teams on the ice. Even if that means an Adler loss. As long as it is played well by all three.
    I would love to see the Adler win it all this season. Like I said earlier, the Adler did NOT play a full 60 minute game. At a lot of times, it seemed the game was barely moving, so the Adler team needs to step it up and play like they can play.
    The referee team today would never make it into the NHL, IIHF, or the City of Atlanta Youth Hockey League.
    For those who know me, you know I take the stripes very seriously and have defended referees many times, but you also know that I say what I feel about them as well.

William Watson

6. Die folgenden 4 User haben sich bei WilliamWatson für diesen Beitrag bedankt:

adlerfan68789 (16-04-12), Holzer (17-04-12), Tomlinson (15-04-12), Trollinger (15-04-12)

Moderator Avatar von adlerfan68789
    Bedanken
    512 Danksagung in 157 Beiträgen
    I agree they did not do a very good job and Unfortunately they are suppose to be the best of the best the DEL has to offer. Which does not say much for the DEL refs. The DEL needs to seriously work on this issue.

I also do not give them full blame for the loss they are only part of the issue the bigger part was the Adler not stepping up to the plate.

Bedanken
    I am posting this after I was able to look at some of the game film again.....
    There were so many obvious calls the referees' did not make and then so many ticky tacky calls they did. Right in front of one referee, Magowan was being held by both of a Berlins' player hands, arms wrapped around him and then tackled behind the net. All the referee said was let him go and keep playing. After Magowan gets up he skates over to play the puck and does hold the Berlin player, but not any where close to what happened to him and he is sent to the box. There were slashes, holds, cross checks, trippings and some interference that was not called either way. If you let them play, then you let them play. Or call a penalty on whoever commits it.
    I am sorry, but I have been around hockey for over 30 years. I have seen hundreds and hundreds of games from pee-wee up to the IIHF with everything in between and like I said, this was the absolute, without a doubt, 100% the worse job from the referees I have ever seen.

William Watson

9. Die folgenden 2 User haben sich bei WilliamWatson für diesen Beitrag bedankt:

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer