Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11

Thema: Deutschland Cup / German Cup

Moderator Avatar von adlerfan68789
    Bedanken
    512 Danksagung in 157 Beiträgen

Deutschland Cup / German Cup

The DEL is on break as team Germany host an international tournament in Munich this weekend.

The teams that are competing are: Germany, USA, Slovakia, and Switzerland

Adler players that are participating are:

Team USA: Wagner

Team Germany: Goc, Reul, Kink, Mauer. Ullmann was selected but injured himself in practice and will not participate.

The schedule is:

11 Nov @ 1615 Slovakia vs. USA
    @ 2000 Germany vs. Switzerland

12 Nov @ 1430 Germany vs. Slovakia
    @ 1815 Switzerland vs. USA

13 Nov @ 1330 Slovakia vs. Switzerland
    @ 1715 USA vs. Germany

** a note of interest is Team Germany is the same team that they use to play in all international events (tournaments, Olympics, World Championships, etc…). The only players missing are the few Germans that are in the NHL. Any time they (Team Germany) play international the DEL takes a break so they can provide players for the German National Team. I am not sure how the other European teams work it but I believe it is similar. The German team coach is under an extended contract, and the players are familiar with one another so one would expect them to function well together.

The North American Teams that participate in international play in Europe are usually made up of players that are in the European leagues that are on break. Since the North American Leagues do not take breaks for international games (except the Olympics) their best players are unavailable for play in the normal tournaments or World Championships. The teams are normally thrown together at the last minute with little or no practice time, no team familiarity, and the coach is also assigned at the last minute. So if you plan on going to the games keep in mind that you will not see the North Americans at their best unless it is an Olympic game. That said the tournaments are still fun to watch and I have enjoyed the ones I have seen.

Bedanken
    well at least on Friday and Saturday I can root for both team USA and team Germany..... but on Sunday I have to make a choice ....... not really no choice I have to go with team USA.

The only time I root against team Germany, when the play team USA

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Holycows_05
    Bedanken
    52 Danksagung in 36 Beiträgen
    Yeah...not sure how it'll go for me. I probably won't make up my mind until I actually get to the game.
    Not just a game...a way of life

Bedanken
    You can definitely tell the difference between the teams that have played together before.

USA vs Slovakia: it was kind of a slow game. The USA had a handful of chances to score but that's about it. Essentially they were out played but not by much. The last minute of the game they had a 3 man advantage (6 on 3) and still couldnt manage to put the puck in the net. The Slovakian goalie didn't have much to do the entire game. Final score was 2-0 in favor of Slovakia.
    Germany vs Swiss: this game was much more entertaining to watch and a closer game. Adlers own Nicki Goc was sent to the box for a check to the neckand head and he pretty much spent the the first period there. However he made it up in the second when he scored and I belie e served another extended penalty in the third. The Swiss put up a good fight and it looked like it would go into overtime nut their 3rd goal was cancelled out for I think crowding the crease. In the last minute or so Deutschland has a breakaway on an empty net, swiss try to prevent it but doesn't end so well, penalty shot. Final score in favor of Deutschland 4-2.

The Adler players seem to be working well but other then the one from Goc they aren't really dong much.

Bedanken
    Penalty shot?? I thought if you were fouled when there was an empty net you got a technical (automatic) goal

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von WilliamWatson
    Bedanken
    50 Danksagung in 26 Beiträgen
    From the IIHF Rule Book......
    c) In a “Breakaway Situation”, when a player in control of the puck outside his own
    defending zone has no opponent to pass to other than the goalkeeper and he is hooked
    or otherwise fouled from behind, thus preventing a reasonable opportunity to
    score, the Referee shall award to the non-offending team a:
    �� Penalty Shot (PS)
    d) If, when the opposing goalkeeper has been removed from the ice, and the player in control
    of the puck outside of his own defending zone has no opponent to pass between him
    and the opposing goal is hooked or otherwise fouled from behind, thus preventing a reasonable
    opportunity to score, the Referee shall award to the non-offending team a:
    �� Goal

William Watson
    "HOCKEY- If it did not have rules, we would call it WAR!"

7. Folgende User bedanken sich bei WilliamWatson für diesen Beitrag:

adlerfan68789 (13-11-11)

Bedanken
    Same difference...I thought a shot was actually taken but now that I think about it I don't remember actually seeing it :-P

Germany vs Slovakia: due to my brothers poor planning we missed all but 3 minutes of the first period. When we arrived Germany was down 2-0. Supposedly one goal had deflected off of the goalies leg pad and the other was a beautiful goal. In the last 2 minutes of play Germany has a 2 man advantage and are then able to score. Sadly this was how the majority of the game went. Any goal that was scored by Germany, Slovakia wasn't to far behind to increase their lead. It was an intense and fast paced game. It looked like Germany would be able to gain the lead when the scored within the first minute of the second period. Both goalies had their work cut out for them and neither had much rest during the course of the game. The fans for both teams kept the crowd engaged and the spirit alive. Alas, Slovakia ended being the better team win a massive win, 6-3. Goc was able to add another point for Germany from the blue line and was named the player of the game for team Germany. Tonight Germany and the USA face-off.

Switzerland vs USA: what to say about these two teams. Both lost their previous game and both played pretty much on the same level. The USA started strong with an early goal in the first but after that nothing more really happened. The first period remained fast but again the USA couldn't make it happen. The passing had improved but the PP and goaltending left much to be desired. The game was tied 2-2 at the end of regulation and scoreless in overtime. The Swiss beat the USA, no surprise, in penalty shots. I wouldn't say Switzerland was a stronger or more pu together team, their goalie was better and they took more chances. The USA didn't pick up any rebounds and misses several open opportunities. There were a few skirmishes between the USA captain, but nothing really came to a head. If the USA wants to make it difficult for Germany today, they need to address their goaltending and their special teams.

9. Folgende User bedanken sich bei Holycows_05 für diesen Beitrag:

adlerfan68789 (13-11-11)

Bedanken
    Slovakia vs Swiss: Since Slovakia had yet to lose again my expectaions for low for Switzerland, however it was Switzerland who managed the first goal and managed to keep Slovakia at bay until the third period. Switzerland played the same but for whatever reason Slovakia let thier play slip and just didn't produce the stamina nor the power from thier previous games. It was like they played down to Switzerlands level. Up until the end it looked like Switzerland was going to defeat the undeated or least take it into overtime. Not so, Slovakia pulls off an undeated weekend with a 2-1 win.

Germany vs USA: The only game that I really wanted to see even though I knew it was going to be painful for the USA. Despite the progress the USA seemed to make they weren't a match for a much practiced German team. USA still couldn't make much of a pass or centering the puck. It could have been a complete wipe-out but somehow USA managed to hold off the onslaught. In the third period USA is down by two and pulls the goalie. Seeings how earlier in the week USA couldn't score 6 on 3 I'm not sure why they thought this would work. Much like thier powerplay they couldn't manage to keep the puck in the zone or acually take a shot on Germany's goal. Kink seals the deal with an empty net goal, 3-1.

The standings:
    Slovakia -9 pts
    Deutschland-6
    Switzerland-2
    USA-1

On a side note, I'm assuming this is where Munich plays thier games, thier food is much better. It's a much smaller arena but still nice. And I think myself, my brother, and his friend were the only ones rooting for team USA....would have been nice to see others or at least hear them ;-)

11. Die folgenden 2 User haben sich bei Holycows_05 für diesen Beitrag bedankt:

adlerfan68789 (14-11-11)

Bedanken
    Holycows how about putting a link up to your FB photos. I think people might like to see them

Bedanken
    Here is link for the pictures that I took. Questions/comments welcome. Hopefully I'll be able to get the videos uploaded and organized this week.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=70524327ca

14. Folgende User bedanken sich bei Holycows_05 für diesen Beitrag:

adlerfan68789 (16-11-11)

Bedanken
    Switzerland scoring on Germany http://youtu.be/anoVPrCoDvE

Germany penalty kill against Switzerland http://youtu.be/HFX4XaBqUs0

16. Die folgenden 2 User haben sich bei Holycows_05 für diesen Beitrag bedankt:

adlerfan68789 (25-11-11)

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer