Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12
Ergebnis 16 bis 30 von 30

Thema: Adler Fans NHL trip.

Moderator Avatar von adlerfan68789
    Bedanken
    512 Danksagung in 157 Beiträgen
    Friday, 10 Feb 2012 (Day 3):

0900 (EST): Breakfast at the hotel, same as Thusday.

1030 (EST): Headed to another mall with the original group. We did not need the I phone navigation device we did not have to turn it was a straight shot to the mall (Thank God). Once again there were several hours of shopping. Here I did buy a lot of items for my wife and purchased me a I Pad. We once again filled the back of the car with bags. We ate a fast food lunch at the mall (I ate an Arbys Roast beef and cheddar). We then headed back to the hotel where people separated again as they looked for dinner. I decided to wait and eat at the game.

1730 (EST): Some of us met up for the game and once again took the streetcar to the First Niagara Center. We arrived early and headed to the fan shop and then some of us went to the Tailgate Party tent. Just before face off I ordered some super Nachos and Walla dinner.

1930 (EST): Face-off, the game was not looking good for Buffalo as Dallas took an early lead. Buffalo tied it up late and sent it into a scoreless overtime, from there it went into penalties and Buffalo was able to pull out the win. We were much louder the second game and sang more cheers that we adopted from the normal Mannheim cheers. We were able to get some Buffalo fans on either side of us and in front and behind us to join it but it wasn’t many. After the game we hopped on the street car and headed to the hotel. Fans on the street car were once again talking about how loud we were and asked us to sing some songs on the way home. So of course we sang a couple of more. We then met up back at the hotel for a night cap and headed off to bed as Saturday promised to be a very busy day.

2. Die folgenden 4 User haben sich bei adlerfan68789 für diesen Beitrag bedankt:

burner (14-02-12), Franzi (19-02-12), Langer_JK (15-02-12)

Bedanken

4. Die folgenden 2 User haben sich bei adlerfan68789 für diesen Beitrag bedankt:

burner (14-02-12)

Bedanken
    Saturday, 11 Feb 2012 (Day 4):

0515 (EST): Group wakeup call

0600 (EST): Start of Bus trip back to Toronto, a to go box breakfast was provided by the hotel, so at least we got some food in our systems.

0930 (EST): arrive at the Holiday Inn Toronto, Downtown Center. Drop of bags and bathroom break.

0945 (EST): Load back up on the bus and head for the Air Canada Center to watch Toronto and Montreal practice. We also received a tour of the Air Canada Center. Except for the locker rooms as the teams were still in them.

1230 (EST): Lunch at Real Sports Toronto. Wow what a place. They have one huge TV that covers multiple floors. Six smaller TVs on either side of it and they were still huge. Plus they had big TVs along the bottom of the other ones, plus TVs along the roof of the loft upstairs. The food was super. I had the triple threat (BBQ pulled pork shoulder, Canadian bacon, and bacon bits) It was fantastic. They had a range of food choices to include a 72 ounce steak, with one pound of Coleslaw, and one pound of fries. If you finished it by yourself in an hour it was free and they engrave your name on a big wooden fork for their hall of fame. I do not remember the price but it was listed three ways. The cheapest was if you ate it by yourself, next if your girl friend helped you, and the most expensive if you were a Habs or Senator fan. Most of us left the restaurant completely stuffed.

1400 (EST): Back on the bus to go watch the Toronto Marlies play (AHL). It was an interesting game with lots of action and a few fights too. The Marlies won big. The arena was more like an ice hall and not a true stadium. It kind of reminded me of a few of the older ice stadiums here in Germany.

1730 (EST): Bus trip back to the Air Canada Center to watch the Maple Leafs play against the Montreal Canadians. When we arrived people split up and went different directions. Some went to eat (all though after that lunch I have no idea how they could be hungry) and some went to buy souvenirs. Before the game the Maple Leafs retired Mats Sundin’s Jersey, which was an experience that gave you goose bumps just watching, the jersey being raised to the rafters. The Maple Leafs put on a very poor showing and got their butts kicked by Montreal. It was a long day and after the first period I moved down to the Crown Royal Bar (still in the stadium) and drank Crown and coke and finished watched the game while standing up. After the game we were on our own getting back to the hotel. We figured out how to use the subway and all made it back to the hotel.

2330 (EST): A small group of us headed over to the Golden Corral across from the hotel to eat. I had a steak and baked potato, while others had hamburgers, pancakes, or crepes.

0030 (EST): Returned to the hotel and went to sleep

6. Die folgenden 4 User haben sich bei adlerfan68789 für diesen Beitrag bedankt:

burner (15-02-12), Franzi (19-02-12), Langer_JK (15-02-12)

Bedanken
    Sunday, 12 Feb 2012 (Day 5):

0800 (EST): Wake up call

0900 (EST): Breakfast

1000 (EST): For my group it was time to check out of the hotel, store our bags and time for a subway ride to the Hockey Hall of Fame. The main hall was closed for renovations but we still were able to see an incredible amount of Hockey history and of course get our pictures taken with the Stanley Cup. We spent several hours in the museum and were surprised to see several items from the Adler on display. There was an Adler puck in the wall of pucks that were there. There was also an Adler jersey on display along with one Adler player card. After the Hall of Fame we went to the store to purchase souvenirs. We then returned back to the hotel.

1430 (EST): All good things must come to an end, we boarded our bus for a ride to the Toronto Airport. We checked in and proceeded to our gate.

1700 (EST): boarded our plane for departure. We sat and waited as there was luggage problem and we got an hour late start out of Toronto. The flight was a bumpy one on the way back but most of us slept through it.

Monday, 13 Feb 2012 (Day 6)

0800 (CET): Landed in Frankfurt and picked up our luggage, said our goodbyes to the people that were not riding the bus and boarded our bus back to Mannheim.

1000 (CET): Arrived back in Mannheim, said our goodbyes to all our new friends and drove home to get some sleep and dream about all of the things that we did.

8. Die folgenden 4 User haben sich bei adlerfan68789 für diesen Beitrag bedankt:

burner (15-02-12), Franzi (19-02-12), Langer_JK (15-02-12)

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Holycows_05
    Bedanken
    52 Danksagung in 36 Beiträgen
    The trip sounds amazing...thanks for all the 'updates' even though they weren't daily

Pictures?????
    Not just a game...a way of life

Bedanken
    I wil try and put my photos on line this week either on the A4 site or the A4 FB site or both. If I can put them on the A4 sie than people that do not have FB can still access them without having to register

MdV33; das U; MdD4 Avatar von Kerstin
    Bedanken
    23 Danksagung in 9 Beiträgen
    Zitat Zitat von adlerfan68789 Beitrag anzeigen
    As many of you already know the Adler have a fan trip heading back to Canada and the States to watch NHL game. The trip was limited to the first 50 fans. I was lucky enough to be one of those 50. About 15 other fans booked their own trip and will meet the rest of us there. I will try and write in this section of forum as often as possible to keep everybody posted on what we are all doing.

The trip includes the following games:

08.02.2012 Boston Bruins @ Buffalo Sabres
    10.02.2011 Dallas Stars @ Buffalo Sabres
    11.02.2011 Hamilton Bulldogs @ Toronto Marlies (AHL)
    11.02.2011 Montreal Canadiens @ Toronto Maple Leafs

For a number of us the trip starts in less than 12 hours. Some of us are meeting at 0645 at the SAP Arena to catch a bus to the Frankfurt Airport. As for me I am already packed, luggage is sitting next to the door, and I have already checked in. I am now just impatiently waiting on the time to pass.

One disappointing thing for me is my wife will be unable to join me on the trip as planned. It will not be the same without her but I Thank her for still letting me go.

I will try and keep you all posted on the situations we run into in our little adventure.
    Hej, This is a part far interesting (also auf deutsch: ein Stück weit... *lol*)

By the way, ich frag mich grad wo Du englisch gelernt hast ...
    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law

Registrierter Benutzer
    Bedanken
    529 Danksagung in 107 Beiträgen
    Zitat Zitat von Kerstin Beitrag anzeigen
    By the way, ich frag mich grad wo Du englisch gelernt hast ...
    Will ihm jetzt nicht vorweg greifen, aber ich vermute in Montana.

Bedanken
    hmmm I would say I started to learn in Goose Bay Labrador Canada but most was learned in Great Falls Montana, USA

Bedanken
    Forgot to add last night.
    Kerstin, Welcome to the English part of Forum, have fun interacting with our English speaking group. The more the merrier.

Gruss
    Larry

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Franzi
    Bedanken
    31 Danksagung in 5 Beiträgen
    Thank you for your travel journal (I guess you can call it like that?).
    Sounds like an unforgettable experience. Can you please post a link when you've posted the pictures? I'd love to see them.

Bedanken
    Here is a link to my pictures of the trip. It is a link to the A4 FB site if you are on FB you should be able to access them. If you have a problem let me know and I can add you to the group. It is the only way I know to share the photos since I can not get them all on the A4 website itself.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/389387188997/

Bedanken
    It was a super experience. Hopefully they will do a trip like it again.

Bedanken
    your English is fine. We enjoy having more people talk in here. you are welcome anytime.

I do not think one is planned yet but I believe they will do another one. This one went so well I can not see them stopping now.

Bedanken
    08.02.2012 Boston Bruins @ Buffalo Sabres
    10.02.2011 Dallas Stars @ Buffalo Sabres
    11.02.2011 Hamilton Bulldogs @ Toronto Marlies (AHL)
    11.02.2011 Montreal Canadiens @ Toronto Maple Leafs

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer